Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Zootastic!

Today is Tuesday. And around here that means the zoo is free after 2:00. So, around 4 something I strolled on in and made a beeline for the polar bears. I got a little side tracked by the new Teton Trek and the huge lodge. It was awesome. They built this whole bo.ardwalk around the grizzly bears and the wolves. I know the wolves would probably like to take a bite out of me, but they were so cute and dog-like. I kind of wanted to take one home. And the grizzly bears were taking a rest in this sand pit and kept rubbing their bellies and being cute. Finally, I got to the polar bears and watched them walk around a bit. They have HUGE paws that I still cannot wrap my head around. Yowza. On my way to the baby giraffe, I started watching a sliver back gorilla. He was really displeased by the crowd. My evidence? First he sat there with an air of scorn, just staring at the crowd and every now and then scratched himself. #2 He retreated to a cave and minutes later came back out and charged the glass and then pounded on it. he then went to a part of his enclosure where everyone could see him well, which brings us to the most important #3 He turned around and let everyone stare at his butt for like five minutes. He TOLD us.

Later Felix and I took a walk in the park and he found a fish head to smell. yummy! Then we watched a cat. He was so snuggly to me after I fed him. Now he is chewing on a rawhide and looking as handsome as ever. I was just watching a few minutes of a movie on TV and my mom came in with these words, "Ooooh Princess Diaries 2, that's a good one." So many things wrong with that statement. #1. completely wrong movie/actors #2. why would I be watching that movie?

Today the USPS finally came through and I got the TWO letters I was waiting for. Booya. RED LETTER DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment