Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Are people really calling it 010?

When I first came back, I kept assuming that salespeople would be approaching me in Danish and had a strong urge to use 'tak' (thank you). But, by now I am expecting not only English but English overflowing with a Southern accent. My dog is turning six this month, so I took him to the pet store today. I don't think his tail stopped wagging the entire time we were there. He was mostly interested in smelling ALL of the dog food. He spent a lot of time near the Purina bags, which is a shame since he eats Iams. Two momentous things happened. One, Felix got to sniff noses with a rabbit. The rabbit was not scared of him at all. I am pretty sure they could have been best of friends. Second thing is a little more disconcerting. I am just going to have to say it. Somebody thought it would be a good idea to make snuggies for dogs.

https://www.thesnuggiefordogs.com/

I love dogs. I want to pet every dog I see. Dogs and I are like chocolate and milk. But, I would be horrified to pet a dog in a snuggie. There would probably more shredding of snuggie than petting going on. I didn't realize that dogs could look like tools, but they can. So, I am crossing my fingers that this does not catch on. Dogs do not need blankets with sleeves. The last time I checked dogs have fur coats (except of course the hairless ones, but there are other options for warmth). Shame on owners who force this on dogs!

Phew. Rant over. I can't wait to go back to school this week and begin all over again. I have a bike and bike lights, so I am ready to take on the city.

1 comment:

  1. i think this indicates yes, but i have to ask: please say you'll keep writing this semester?

    ReplyDelete