Monday, December 21, 2009

back in the US?!

When I have been awake for 40 hours, traveling for 17, in line just to talk to you about my cancelled flight for 2.5 hours, and on the verge of tears I would really appreciate you not giving me Jersey attitude.

Flying home was a drag and I ended up spending the night in Newark. I have never spent the night in a hotel room by myself before. My bed could have fit four people, the shower floor was not the bathroom floor and the man who booked me a room was super nice. He let me call my parents and gave me a discount and told me not to cry and set up a wake up call. Interesting evening and slightly disorienting to wake up in a huge bed in a room that was bigger than my apartment this semester. The flight attendant on the plane was quite amusing. He used spirit fingers to demonstrate the safety instructions while continuously smiling. Not exaggerating in the slightest. He was not positive that Memphis was in Tennessee. His announcements were more stream of consciousness than anything else. And then we finally arrived in Tennessee?! who would have thought? Felix gave me a warm welcome and not the cold shoulder routine I was kind of anticipating. Brother comes home tonight so the parents have to make another trip to the airport today. I am definitely not going any where anything related to aviation for a while. Sidenote: Felix just nuzzled the fake plant in the dining room.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance we could get a stream-of-consciousness Katherine on this blog? No?

    I'd settle for periodic stateside updates...

    ReplyDelete