Today I gave a presentation and it was entirely in Danish. I am going to miss this language. Sure the pronunciation is RIDICULOUS, but the rhythm has become a familiar background sound. I might speak to Felix in Danish for a while. Poor dog, I keep changing the language I talk to him in. I cannot wait to snuggle that bunny.
I rode home on my bike in the rain again today. I was thinking how it was not miserable at all because I was on a bike in København. I am going to start biking around Germantown. I can't think about not riding to places. Hopefully, Memphis drivers won't run me over. (oh wait, I forgot that they are terrible) Also I am going to begin my multi-lingual project when I get home. So many people over here speak so many languages. I am going to practice so that next time I am in Europe, I can blend in better.
I am going home in a week and a half. I will understand everything that people are saying around me. I will be able to eat my mom's delicious cooking. I will play with my dog. And it will be Christmas time! Yikes. the Thought of going home is strange. No more Somersby, wienerbrød, bus 14, bike lanes, one room apartment on tåsingegade, lakrids, Amager, or DIS. I have been on so many trips this semester (hence my small bank account) and every time coming home meant Tåsingegade 29. This time home is Memphis International Airport. Danmark, jeg elsker dig!
So, I have a list of things to do during the month before school starts
1. read lots of books
2. bake delicious things
3. get back into piano
4. work on my languages
5. bike
6. play with Felix
7. figure out next summer
8. find snow to play in
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that #6 needs to be elevated to #1 or #2.
ReplyDelete