Friday, September 4, 2009

Arrival


So this is my first post even though I have been here almost two weeks. It has been a whirlwind of lost luggage, fainting, and all around confusion. Now I am ready to write coherent thoughts.


I was on the train today and these 14 year old kids were sitting next to me. I was listening to their Danish and caught "1,2,3." I was pretty proud of my poor Danish skills. And then out of nowhere, they all started singing a Backstreet Boys song. I guess they are getting pumped for the concert in December. Who knew the Backstreet Boys were still functioning as a band? I was on the train because I was going to meet my visiting family for the first time. The mother met me at the station with her 14 month old son. He is really cute and the messiest eater ever! She also has a 14 year old daughter who likes Lady Gaga and Celine Dion. Apparently, she is watching Titanic in school, so she is really into "My Heart Will Go On." I played some Wii sports games with them. The dancing one was really hard! When I left, I had to ride the bus for a while and then got out of the station and saw my bus, but convinced myself it was going the wrong direction. It wasn't. But eventually I got home, to this lovely place. The monster/dinosaur welcomes me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment