Saturday, September 5, 2009

HE HAD BANGS!!


Today I went on an double decker bus to the West of Zealand. My Nordic Mythology class and I went to the Viking ship museum, the Viking museum, the first gas station/eatery ever built in Denmark, and a cool burial mound. This all day excursion was awesome because we visited the place where Hrothgar, Beowulf, and Grendel all had their spats. The river right by the grave mounds is not there anymore, but there is a little lake that I could imagine Grendel wading through on the way to his cave. The picture is of me standing where the great hall was. very awesome! And while I logged much bus time, I enjoyed the Danish scenery which included a man with a ponytail. Ok, so it's not so strange of a sight. But have you ever seen a man with a ponytail and bangs?! Because now I have. It is definitely a life changing experience. He had a dog with him that was gigantic! The Viking museum was really cool because the stones that mark the boundaries of the buildings in this village are still there. It shows planning that was not common back then. This little village was for the warriors so that they could have the best set up if they were attacked. I crossed the moat by foot since it is barely a puddle now. I always like looking at ancient buildings. It makes you feel old and young at the same time. As we stood there in the valley, we all tried some alcohol that is old, not as old as the Vikings, though. I heard the mead tasted a bit like honey, but I had Viking's Blod, which has a very odd flavor. Oh, and I learned how wonderful plaid is when the rain follows your every move.
P.S I was in the park the other day and saw a bunch of old people with a metal walking stick in each hand. It seemed like they were stretching before a good power walk

No comments:

Post a Comment