Today in my Danish class, we learned how to sing the birthday song. It is much superior to the lame American one, because you get to pretend to play instruments and the song gets really rowdy. I think I will try to implement this song next year. Then I had to blow out the candles and I missed two, which means that I have two boyfriends apparently. The cake was sort of like a fruit cake with rhubarb and almonds. It was very good and I had to eat a lot of it. Also, Mette brought chocolate milk that was so delicious. It was a nice birthday party.
Last week, I visited Legoland. It was so much more than I expected. It had entire cities made out of legos, with working locks, cars, de-icing machines, and windmills. The spaceship from the JFK rocket center acutally has smoke to mimic liftoff. There was this ride that let you pick the intensity and moves. It was a huge mechanical arm that flung Kate and I around and upside down and it was a little scary. I was moving a little in my seat and after screaming the entire time, the machine took a picture of us. My hair was completely in my face and I looked like the fortune teller from my Dante's Inferno movie. I really wanted to buy a t-shirt with that on the front. The entire day, I was in a constant state of amazement. Especially, when I saw this fish that was yellow in the first part of its body and magenta on its hindquarters. I couldn't believe that they had an aquarium with huge crabs, sharks, and weird looking fish. On the three hour bus rides, I played some Spades and an awesome game called Whist. And for dinner, a delicious buffet complete with the best applesauce I have ever had in my life. It had some sort of whipped cream on the top and was perfect. A very good way to spend a Sunday.
And next Sunday, vado a Roma!!!!!!! Non posso aspettare. And after some amazing days in Rome, I am going to travel around and see awesome cities for a week. Study abroad is the best. Of course, these last three weeks have been packed with midterms, presentations, and papers. But the next two weeks will make it all worth it.
Tonight I rode back in the rain for the first time. My rain jacket kept me dry from head to waist, but the tops of pants were completely soaked. I think I noticed that many people were wearing rain pants? I think I should look into this. The ride was fine except for my legs.
Also, the Danish kids wear snow suits when it is cold. It doesn't even snow here. Yesterday on my misty run, I saw these two brothers who were running in their snow suits with sticks in their hands. Their dad was just standing nearby laughing at them. SO CUTE!! Then I ran past a dog carrying a stick in his mouth, it was really just a stick kind of day.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know how to play whist? I read about it in 4th grade. The guy who went around the world in 80 days played that game everyday. I have always wanted to learn.
ReplyDelete